Stress Into Strength: Resilience Routines for Warriors, Wimps, and Everyone in Between
- Category: Business
- ISBN: 1400224691
- Views: 3
- Posted on: 22/07/2021 05:45
Turn debilitating stress into remarkable strength through proven resilience routines taught by a critical incident instructor and first responder leader. Transform your personal and professional life with insights gained from some of the most stressful professions you can imagine.
Discovering and practicing your ideal rhythm of stress and renewal – physical, social, and spiritual – will enhance your health, strength, and resilience. Stress reactions are automatic, but to transform stress into strength, you need to become intentional about routines that activate your natural renewal systems. The proven tips throughout Stress Into Strength will help you do exactly that.
Nick Arnett has had distinguished, high-stress careers, including as a paramedic and firefighterwith experience in domestic and international disasters, as well as in the corporate world as a software founder and executive. For more than 15 years, he has led and taught people how to be resilient through crises large and small. In Stress Into Strength, Nick first shows how our stress reactions and equally natural renewal systems help us to seize opportunities, rise to challenges, and cope with threats.
• Let go once and for all of the stress myths that the human brain's "negative" bias reinforces.
• Gain insight into your personality-based stress reactions and channel any negative, knee jerk reactions into positive, long-term responses to overcome your biggest obstacles.
• Learn how to choose physical, social, and spiritual stress and renewal responses that will help make your more flexible and resilient.
• Learn tips on when to seek help with trauma, staying undaunted through crisis in the workplace, and even raising resilient children.